#ArtCoastSafe Restaurant Safety & Sanitation Protocol
In light of COVID-19, the restaurants of Saugatuck, Douglas, and Fennville have adopted this Safety & Sanitation Protocol to keep the #ArtCoastSafe for our guests and employees alike.
If you see this badge in our window, it means we pledge to maintain or exceed these high standards at all times.
● Food Safety
● Cleaning & Sanitizing
● Monitoring Employee Health & Personal Hygiene
● Social Distancing
1. At least one Certified Food Manager will be on premise when business is in operation..
2. All out-of-date items will be discarded.
3. If delivery is offered, measures will be taken to keep hot food hot & cold food cold while in transit. Food is packed and sealed at the restaurant to avoid outside contamination and delivery will be contactless.
4. If carry-out is offered, a designated pick-up zone will be provided. Carry-out will be contactless, with food being placed in the guests’ trunk or set on a table for them to pick up.
5. If grab-and-go coolers are utilized, coolers will be stocked to minimum levels to limit the number of hands on each item.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
6. The entire facility has been deep cleaned prior to re-opening with heavy focus on high-touch areas. When open, high-touch areas like door knobs, counter tops, bathroom fixtures, & credit-card machines will be sanitized at least every 2 hours. Avoid all food contact surfaces when using disinfectants.
7. Between seatings, table condiments, table tops, chair arms, table condiments, digital ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, and common touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized. Single use items like menus, condiments, and napkins will be discarded. Consider using rolled silverware and eliminating table presets. Consider single use salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup, mustard, other condiments. Portioning condiments is fine if kept in properly. Avoid straws when possible. Have wrapped straws available if you need.
8. Bathrooms will be monitored and cleaned frequently based on use.
9. Hand sanitizing stations will be available for guest use.
Monitoring Employee Health & Personal Hygiene
10. Per existing FDA Food Code requirements, employees who are sick will be told to stay home.
11. Employees will complete a pre-shift screening which may include a questionnaire and temperature check. Employees can be trained to self monitor + chart throughout shift.
12. Employees exhibiting symptoms will be asked to go home and self-isolate for at least 7 days from the onset of symptoms and be symptom-free for three days without medication.
13. All Staff must wear face coverings, with kitchen staff wearing gloves as is always required when handling food. Restaurant may provide these masks as well as training on mask etiquette. Mask fronts should not be touched once on. They should be disposable or washed after each use.
14. All employees will be trained on the importance of frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds, the use of hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content, and to avoid touching hands to face.
15. Capacity will be limited to 50%. Seating shall be reconfigured to allow at least 6 feet of space between tables for proper social distancing. Guests will not be allowed to congregate at the bar or in the lobby/near the entrance.
16. Waitstaff will provide the same high level of service while limiting guest contact and wearing a mask, provided by the restaurant.
17. If possible, one-way traffic flows will be implemented in the restaurant. This could mean designating separate entrance and exit points, arrows on the floor, and signage informing guests of traffic patterns. In higher traffic areas (host stand, restroom line), 6-foot distance markers will be placed for guest convenience.
18. Touchless ordering and payments may be made available whenever possible. This could mean digital menus, tableside ordering tablets, and accepting virtual wallet payment like Apple Pay.
19. Signage at the entrance of the restaurant will inform guests that anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or refusing to adhere to social distancing policy may be asked to leave.
20. Where counter-service is utilized, a partition or plexiglass barrier will be implemented between the cashier and the guest.
Each restaurant who signs the pledge to keep the #ArtCoastSafe will be evaluated for adherance to this policy. As guests, you can expect the same unique, personalized experience you’ve always enjoyed in our small towns. We are committed to providing exemplary customer service, quality products, and unique experiences to locals and visitors alike, with the health and safety of our guests and employees our top priority.